I am happy to report that I am finally making some decisions regarding my GAME Plan, and it feels good to be making some significant progress! I decided that I would like to apply for grants to obtain an iPod cart for my department. The iPod Touch is a device that would allow for internet access, access to a number of programs and educational applications, and they are the perfect vehicle for pod casts. These devices would allow me to implement several new lessons and strategies, are relatively cost effective and user friendly, and they are portable which would allow for sharing with my colleagues. I have located a local grant through my association, and I think I will start by applying there; we'll see where I go from here, but I feel that this is finally a start!
I would also like to say that, despite my dreading these weekly updates, they have been a solid source of self-monitoring; they aid the GAME plan despite my periodic frustrations, and I am realizing that this is simply part of the process.
Have a great week, everyone!
Amanda
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I completely agree that at first each week I dreaded the day I had to update my game plan. However, as you stated, it has kept me on my game in succeeding in the areas in which my goals were set. I am making progress in collaboration as well as technology incorporation.
ReplyDeleteYou stated you are applying for a grant for iPod cart. You have me intrigued and actually your posts got the idea going in my own situation. I was wondering if you had any tips for applying for a grant as I have never applied for one before. Any advice would be much appreciated. Good luck with the grant!
Amanda,
ReplyDeletethat is awesome that you have found a lead for a grant and have narrowed your focus. Apple is a great company to work with regarding technology. You might also think about contacting a rep from Apple and talking to them about what your wanting to do. They might have some grants or programs that you could get into that would allow you to accomplish your goals as well. Good luck!
Laura
Cristina-
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to know that I was not the only one who originally felt that way about the GAME plan! And I'll keep you posted on the grant tips-so far I don't have any as this is my first time as well, but if I learn anything helpful or interesting I will be sure to share!
Thank you,
Amanda
Laura-
ReplyDeleteI never thought to specifically contact Apple, but that sounds like a great idea! They are a large corporation, so I'm sure they would have some program in place that could help me succeed in this endeavor.
Thanks again,
Amanda