I would say that my GAME plan was successful overall; though I have not yet received word on the local grant I applied for, I did narrow my focus to a specific project for funding purposes (an Ipod cart) and have a vision in terms of what I would like to accomplish. Furthermore, I have made several good connections that may bring my funding through other ways or expose me to grants I may not have otherwise learned about. I expanded my knowledge of educational publications and have come across several strategies and lesson ideas that I could see myself using in the near future. I have some new programs to play with (Windows Photo Story, for example) and new technologies to learn, and I feel even more confident in my knowledge of technology than I did when I started. These new lesson ideas and programs will work their way into my teaching gradually, and hopefully my goal of earning a grant will be realized in the near future.
My teaching will not significantly change overnight because of this class, but I do feel more aware of resources available to me. Furthermore, I feel that I am more reflective now, and that will certainly aid my instructional practices. I have started taking brief notes in the margins of some of my lesson plans so that I remember small changes I’d like to make next year; adjustments like this are, I think, attributable to what I learned during this course.
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment