I think that my action plan is solid in terms of meeting my eventual goals; I have found some great ideas and have started to find a bit of time here and there to read through my educational publications. I also found that our textbook has an online companion with lesson ideas, and I intend to check that out in the near future for further ideas.
Though I still have not made a decision in terms of definite lessons or grants to pursue, I was further inspired by a workshop I attended today about the future of education and technology. It provided me with a wealth of websites and resources to investigate, and renewed my excitement about bringing further technologies into the classroom. Though I do not have much in terms of concrete proof of progress, I feel-for the first time in a few weeks!-that I am moving forward with my GAME plan.
Have a great week!
Amanda
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Robert Newell to Amanda--
ReplyDeleteI sense from your posts that you are feeling a little overwhelmed with all the technology resources out there. I am too! And I am not the most "techy" teacher in the school but I am making progress.
Remember that technology is a means to achieve an educational end, and not the end in itself. Start with the objectives for the lesson and see where technology would help enrich the content of the lesson and therefore enrich student learning.
It may help you to do one-shot lessons in betweeen your units to build confidence and give kids some hands-on with computers
Remember that Word has a lot of features built in- they have newsletter templates, highlighting and editing features, Excel and Powerpoint, all of which are a lot of fun for students and help them learn.
You can also try stuff from these sites:
wix.com
google docs and google SketchUp
Rubistar
wordle
bitstrips
webquest.org
scholastic
discovery kids
Amanda,
ReplyDeleteThis time of year there is so much going on that sometimes adding more to our plate (GAME plan) is not only taxing, but can obstruct our productivity. With this said, it sounds like you have been able to process this assignment and have begun to make some headway. The details of this assignment (plausible grants/lessons) will come to you soon, especially after gathering such invaluable resources.
As you just discovered, one of the best tools around is the on-line component that goes with the textbooks. I use it all of the time for ideas, supplemental activities for remedial and enriched, extended lessons, and even related websites.
Good luck with all you have discovered and will be soon using.
Kimberly
Robert and Kimberly-
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for the advice and the support. I appreciate the feedback and am hopeful that I will soon find more time to work on my GAME plan! Robert, thank you for the website suggestions-I look forward to checking out the ones I've never visited! And Kimberly, you're right, I never realized how helpful the textbook's website was, but it's loaded with resources.
Have a great week,
Amanda