Wednesday, April 13, 2011

On with the GAME Plan

I feel that I made a fair amount of progress last week, though I have not moved forward much since then. My fiance and I moved into our house this weekend, so I did not have much time to develop my GAME plan. However, I did my best to move forward and used the move to my advantage as best I could! A friend of ours used to work for the Apple store, and I asked him if he knew of any grant opportunities or any specific ways that I could make my i pod cart a reality. Ed was not sure off the top of his head, but he said he would contact his old manager and see what information he could get for me. So, even though I haven't made any major leaps since last week, I am using my resources and the time I do have to make progress. I think that that's an important part of this process; even if you can't always spend large chunks of time working on the GAME plan, it is important to look for opportunities whenever and wherever you can!

Amanda

2 comments:

  1. Amanda,

    Congratulations on moving into your house. We are not always able to spend as much time as we would like to on completing our goals. You brought up the key point--as long as we make steps, whether that is baby steps or giant leaps, a step is a step. You made a contact with your friend, and that is a step in the right direction. It is up to you to continue with it and keep taking steps.
    Good Luck!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Laura! I truly appreciate the encouragement, and I do try to do something to move forward with this GAME plan every week, even if it does not seem like a tremendous accomplishment. I almost felt bad asking Ed for his help as he was knee deep in boxes that we asked him to help with as well, but he seemed excited to assist and I hope he comes through!

    Have a good week,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete