Wednesday, March 23, 2011
GAME Plan Progress
My GAME plan is, truthfully, off to a slow start. I have not had the time I would like to dedicate to my plans. The time that I have spent has been fruitful, and I’ve been finding some new strategies as well as a few additional grants. The information I need is out there; I just need to dedicate more time to the process. I do not necessarily need to modify my plan so far, but I need to look harder to find strategies that I could in turn support with the grants I seek. Sadie was nice enough to share a specific grant with me last week, and our dialogue forced me to consider the fact that I need to solidify what types of lessons I want to fund before I start actively seeking funding, as most grants require you to give a specific idea of how you would use their money (and rightfully so!) I want to come up with assessments that are meaningful and technology-rich to not only gain motivation from my students, but also to gain the attention and support of the community. I have learned that this is a more intricate and involved process than I anticipated, and I wonder if I will be able to narrow down my discoveries enough to make both of my goals a reality.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Amanda,
ReplyDeleteIt is ok if you are off to a slow start on your GAME Plan. I think the important part, is following through and completing it. That may not happen in a week, a month, and that is ok. You seem to be getting some great ideas from our colleagues and that is terrific. It is great that you realize that you need to focus your attention on the types of lessons you want to teach before you start looking at the funding part. I hope next week I can hear of some ideas you have for lessons.
Laura
Amanda,
ReplyDeleteYou are not alone. This GAME plan requires a lot of work. It is something that will take time. It is best to go slow and do your best. While doing my own research I have found that there is so much information out there that going through what I have found requires a great deal of time and effort. Not to mention that we are handling our classroom responsiblities and the second semester is always the hardest.
Sadie
Amanda,
ReplyDeleteIt still amazes me at how many of my friends still do not understand just how much work there is in teaching. They do not understand that we do not just show up and put in the time and leave. The idea of lesson plans, grading, remediation, meetings and the like that go into work. The really think that its only a "30" hour work week with summers off. I understand what you mean by getting off to a slow start with the GAME plan, its hard to fit 30 hours of work into a 24 hour day. Like Laura said the important thing is to keep on keeping on and finishing what you start. Stay diligent and things will get finished. Good luck moving forward!
Anthony
Laura, Sadie and Anthony-
ReplyDeleteI am so grateful for your understanding and encouragement-sometimes that's all you need to hear to keep going! It was a hectic week to be sure, but I am determined to make my goals a reality in the near future. Anthony, you made a great point in reminding us that a lot of people outside of education do not realize how much work a dedicated teacher does, and I think we are all finding the need to adjust our plans a little bit because it is a crazy time in the school year. Nevertheless, this is a great group and I know these GAME plans will result in great things!
Thanks again, everyone-
Have a great week,
Amanda